Join us to explore the world through art and animals in 2015. Classes, art shows and the invitation to express yourself.
For more information please call 218-740-2027 or email email@example.com
Art for All
Bring your family to work with water colors, create a nature journal, or build a smelt puppet to take home.
Explore a variety of art media and styles with professor Alison Aune and her art education students from UMD.
Select Saturdays from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. FREE with an Aquarium membership or general admission.
May 2 – Magic Smelt (puppets/sculpture)
Create a wildlife painting using acrylics in this workshop led by celebrated local artist Adam Swanson. Appropriate for beginner, intermediate and experienced painters.
Series of two classes. June 2 and June 4, 2015
Cost: $75/$65 GLA members.
Required materials not included. Class is limited to 15 people.
Pre-registration required. Must be age 16+ to attend (unless accompanied by an adult chaperone).
Register on-line here.
Each individual must register separately. Online payment with a credit or debit card is required. This service is managed through PayPal. You do not need to register with PayPal to pay with your credit or debit card.
Questions? Please contact us by phone at 218-740-2007 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
REQUIRED SUPPLIES LIST:
1. Starter set of acrylic paints. Be sure to include a tube of white acrylic paint.
A few recommended options available at Michaels:
2. Any basic selection of acrylic/oil brushes, at least 4 different sizes. (Watercolor brushes do not work well.)
3. A small pad of paper and pencil to do a few practice sketches of your painting.
4. A blank, gessoed canvas ready to paint on when you arrive to each class. A canvas around 11″ x 14″ or 16″ x 20″ would be convenient. You can purchase pre-gessoed canvases and all of these supplies at Michael’s, the UMD Store and at Pineapple Arts downtown Duluth.
5. A printed photo of an animal and a landscape (or more!) to work from, on your painting.
6. Optional: A tabletop easel