Bus funds available for field trips!
Great Lakes Aquarium is pleased to offer transportation grants for schools. Awards of up to $200 will be given to schools that meet the eligibility requirements. Applications will be reviewed in the order in which they are received. The program will close when all funds are awarded.
1. Accredited schools (private, public, charter or parochial) in the following counties:
Minnesota: Koochiking, Itasca, Aitkin, Carlton, Pine, St. Louis, Lake, Crow Wing and Cook
Wisconsin: Douglas, Bayfield, Ashland, Iron, Burnett, Washburn, Sawyer and Price
Michigan: Gogebic and Ontonagon
2. Applicants may apply for one grant per school year.
3. The funding must be used to support a field trip to Great Lakes Aquarium between September 1, 2014 and June 31, 2015.
4. Teachers must demonstrate a clear connection between their classroom curriculum, teaching and learning goals and the aquarium visit.
1. Contact our education department by email email@example.com or phone 218-740-2027 with questions.
2. Applications must be received at least 3 weeks prior to the planned field trip.
3. Once the application has been received and the grant has been awarded, recipients will receive an award letter from GLA. After the trip, grantees must return a copy of the invoice from the bus company or school district, address/person that should receive the check and program evaluation form to receive reimbursement.
APPLY ONLINE HERE.
DOWNLOAD PDF APPLICATION HERE.
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION AS A MICROSOFT WORD FILE HERE.