MinnAqua Fishing: Get in the Habitat!
& Project WET Educator Workshop
July 30-31, 2014
Day 1: 10:00 am – 5:00 pm Day 2: 8:00 am – 3:00 pm
Location: Great Lakes Aquarium
353 Harbor Drive
Duluth, MN 55802
This indoor/outdoor workshop is designed for formal and non-formal educators, scout leaders, university personnel, 4-H leaders, camp instructors and all leaders who want to engage youth in their local environment through aquatic resources education and angling activities. Graduate credit is available through Hamline University.
All Participants Receive:
- Project WET 2.0 Guide
- MinnAqua Leader’s Guide CD
- Access to Project WET and MinnAqua Program on-line resources
- Certificate for 12 continuing education credits
- Posters and other materials
Registration Deadline: July 23, 2014
Fee includes curriculum materials listed above, coffee and snacks both days and lunch on July 31. Option to purchase lunch for July 30 for $10 available when registering on-line. Bring layered clothing, water bottle, and your enthusiasm!
Discounted lodging available at the Radisson under the group name ” Great Lakes Aquarium”. Call 218.727.8981 to make a reservation by July 18, 2014.
Questions? Call Samantha Smingler at 218.740.2027 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Science Institute for Educators
2014-2015 Dates Coming Soon!
Each free 2-hour workshop features:
- A 45-minute presentation by a local scientist about the Lake Superior watershed
- Lesson plans and activities related to scientific presentations (aligned with MN Academic Standards)
- Access to free teaching kits that can be checked out from Great Lakes Aquarium
- 2 CEUs
Ready to sign up?
Register online here or contact Samantha Smingler: email@example.com or (218) 740-2027.
Science Institute Teacher Resources (presentations, lesson plans, kits):
Real Stories in Research: Lake Superior Edition Coming soon!
2012-2013 The Story After the Storm!
Downloadable LESSON PLANS
Free TEACHING KITS