Please review the Aquarium’s current COVID-19 policies.
Use the Aquarium as your classroom!
View our School Catalog.
Scheduling Tip for April, May, and June:
Please be aware that this is a busy season for school trips! Remember to consider your school’s end-of-year events (concerts, field days, testing) before booking with Great Lakes Aquarium to expedite the planning process.
Field Trip Planning
NOTE: These rates apply to accredited schools only.
School Staff: FREE (including teachers, paraprofessionals, bus drivers, and all other support staff)
Non-Staff Adult Chaperones: 1 FREE per five students. Additional adults are $5/each.
Dive in Deeper: Add a one-hour age-appropriate class with Aquarium staff for $2/student ($20 minimum).
Field trip tickets include:
- General admission to the Aquarium for self-guided exploration in small, chaperoned groups of students
- Group greeting from the Aquarium’s Learning Team
- Secure storage for coats, lunches, backpacks, etc.
- Lunch space (please request during registration)
- Free parking for group vehicles (bus, van, or cars)
- Free resources and materials for making your trip a success!
- Dive in Deeper classes are offered Monday through Friday at 9:15, 10:30, 11:45, 1:00, 2:15, 3:30, and 4:45. Plan your arrival time at least 15 minutes prior to your preferred class time to allow for orientation and transition time. See a list of our class offerings here.
Do you qualify for Bus Funding? We encourage educators who meet the eligibility requirements to apply for the transportation grants of up to $200. This program offers grants on a rolling basis and will close when all funds are awarded.
For more information: Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 218-740-2000.