The Bus Fund supports Great Lakes Aquarium’s mission to inspire people to explore their connection with Lake Superior and waters of the world. We encourage educators who meet the following eligibility requirements to apply for the transportation grants of up to $200. This program offers grants on a rolling basis and will close when all funds are awarded.
1. Accredited schools (private, public, charter, or parochial) in the following counties:
Minnesota: Aitkin, Cass, Carlton, Cook, Crow Wing, Itasca, Kanabec, Koochiching, Lake, Lake of the Woods, Pine, and St. Louis.
Wisconsin: Ashland, Bayfield, Burnett, Douglas, Iron, Price, Sawyer, and Washburn.
Michigan: Gogebic and Ontonagon.
2. Applicants may apply for one grant per school year.
- A maximum of one application per grade level per school will be considered each academic year.
- Only one grant will be awarded per grade level or program.
- One grant will be applied to multiple grade levels traveling together on a single bus (i.e. 2nd and 3rd graders visiting on March 3rd using a single bus qualify for 1 grant of up to $200)
3. Teachers must demonstrate a clear connection between their classroom curriculum, teaching and learning goals, and the Aquarium visit as outlined in the bus fund application.
1. Applications must be received at least 3 weeks prior to the planned field trip.
2. Once the application has been received and the grant has been awarded, recipients will receive an award letter from GLA. Applicants will be notified within two weeks of submitting the application.
3. Within 30 days after the visit, grantees must:
- Return a copy of the invoice from the bus company or school district
- Provide the address and name of the reimbursement check recipient
- Complete the online field trip feedback form
Please allow 30 days from the time you submit the invoice and teacher evaluation for the reimbursement funds to be sent.
Questions? Contact us at 218-740-2000 or firstname.lastname@example.org