Resource Types: Kits
This kit features twelve lessons for a variety of ages that relate to invasive species in the Great Lakes. These lessons range from 15-20 minutes to 3-5 class periods based on the lesson and the age of students engaging in the activity.
- Aquatic invasive species fact sheets
- Preserved specimens: sea lamprey, zebra mussel, quagga mussel, round goby, rusty crayfish, Eurasian ruffe, fishook waterflea and silver carp. Don’t be afraid to open the plastic bag and handle the sea lamprey directly!
- Invasive plants booklet
- Attack Pack carabiner flash drive containing lesson plans
- Brochures and ID watch cards
- Classroom guide with background information and instructions
Lesson plans and more information on each of the twelve activities at the University of Wisconsin SeaGrant Institute
Credit: Wisconsin SeaGrantRequest this Resource